Thursday, July 26, 2012

What a week...

This started off as a very simple week. I took my cousin and his cousin (they're visiting from Puerto Rico) to the mall on Monday. Got some laminating and planning done. Quite boring really.

Then on Tuesday, I went to a training. Had no idea that when I got back from training I would discover some horrifying news. I am not going to go into detail, but it's news that shocked me to the core. Then Wednesday, the news got even worse. It's a terrible feeling when you realize you never knew a person you know?

So I'm definitely looking forward to this week's High Five for Friday. I'm a big believer in everything happens for a reason and that we need to look at the positives in life. Here goes! (Sorry there are no pictures; it's been a really hectic week around here!)

1. I guest posted over at Embracing the Everyday. Ashley's one of the first bloggers I actually interacted with when I started this whole she bang. It was a no brainer sponsoring her!

2. In more blog news, I have 58 followers. My blog is a month old! Never thought that many people would be interested in what I have to say. It's a nice feeling.

3. I got to have dinner and cupcakes with my best friend Nichole.  We went to Mellow Mushroom and had Cami Cakes. Cami Cakes is my favorite cupcake place in Jacksonville. They're so light and fluffy!

4. I finished my first three days of school lesson plans. Once those are down pat, the rest of the week is easy peasy!

5. While you're reading this, I am on my way to Atlanta (or possibly already there!) J and I will be going to a Braves game, going to a Drum Corps International competition and walking around downtown. I'm excited to spend the weekend with him! Oh and bonus points to anyone who knows what Drum Corps is!

Glad to see I was still able to find some positives in this crazy week! Don't forget to link up with Lauren over at  From My Grey Desk!

5 comments:

  1. Loved having you on my blog, girl! You're guest post was so great {so are you}! And yay, you'll be at 100 followers soon! Have fun in Atlanta, that sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get those bonus points because whaaaa you're going to DCI?!? I am totally jealous. I bet the manpanion would be too. He was snare line. I always wanted to join the Blue Devils! And boo to the shocking/bad news. So sorry to hear that :( It's always so unsettling when you think you know someone and find out you really don't. Hope you're enjoying your trip (still jealous.) I need to see some DCI pictures! :D

    And thanks for linking up! Totally appreciate it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lady! I have an award on my blog for you! :D

      Delete
  3. Oh know, I am so sorry to hear that you got some bad news! :( :( :( I'm praying things turn out okay for you though, with whatever is going on! (good for you for keeping positive though, I wish I thought more like that sometimes instead of focusing on the bad!)

    I love #2 about the blog followers, but of course, I love catching up with you & your blog, so i'm not surprised that other people love it too!

    Wish I was more on the ball with #4.... way to go, girl! What objectives do you usually hit the first week of school? My week is mostly rules and routines/procedures and some get to know you stuff/all about me stuff and random other objectives (can you tell how prepared I am for the beg of the year? I don't even remember the objectives).

    I know we have talked before about our grade levels, but I forgot what grade you teach (sorry), let me know what age group you have again because I have a GREAT get to know you activity that i'm using this year (I suck for not remembering right now, but I blame the vacation!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, I just remembered you have younger kiddos, so my activity probably won't work for you. BOO! But, since you are already planned, you wouldn't need it anyways. I need to be more like you, seriously! You rock!

    ReplyDelete