Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Man oh man it's early...

During the school year, I get up at 5:45 a.m. Even if I went to bed at 11 the night before, I still get up at 5:45 a.m. But now? I don't go to sleep until super late (I'm a night owl) and normally don't wake up until at least 10 (the perks of being single and a teacher). But I'm on a mission today: to find out what the heck is going on at my gym!

You see L.A. Fitness bought out my gym. The first official word we got about it was yesterday,  through a simple email. That annoys me. Obviously, the LA people knew about this for a bit, but waited until the last minute to say anything. Oh and my other annoyance? They've changed the class schedule and dropped all my favorites. The most confusing part, is  that my gym is still handing the old schedule! Boo.

But before I go, I thought I'd steal this idea I found at Paige's blog Eloping Stethoscope. It's 10 things you should be embarrassed about but are not.

1.  I will still watch the Disney Channel. Yes, I'm 27. But I don't care. Besides, all my little babies in my classroom think it's cool when I know who Bridget Mendler is. Though World War 3 almost went down in my classroom a few years ago when my girls found out I liked Selena better than Miley!

2. I snort when I laugh really hard. Like a gut busting laugh. I think it's cute.

3. I'm not a drinker. I used to care about this and mindlessly throw some back, but now I stand my ground. I like pineapple juice with Malibu rum, Newcastle beer, or a glass of white wine. Anything else is just not my jam.

4. I'll wake up super early to drive to St. Cloud just to see this little girl:


She's the daughter of my roommate from college. People think I'm nutty to waste the gas, but seeing her and her mommy are not a waste to me. 

5. I live with my parents. I didn't for the previous three years. Last year, I was paying rent to them and living on my own in the house I grew up in. But my mom got an opportunity to move back and it was what my dad needed. I was going to try to find somewhere reasonable to live, but in Jacksonville all the places I can afford by myself are kind of sketchy (unless I wanted to live paycheck to paycheck and eat ramen). I pay some of the house bills and it gives me a chance to pay off my debt. I very rarely even see my parents, because I'm always at work or the boyfriend's. Don't judge!

6. I will sometimes buy children's clothing, especially shoes. I can fit into a child's size four and children's shoes are always cheaper. My Sperry's look like a grown ups, but were half the price. :)

7. I still cry like a baby if I have to get a shot. I heard this will change when I get pregnant, but for right now, I'm still crazy scared of needles!

8. I could eat sushi everyday. 

9. I'm deathly afraid of lightning. I will freak out during any major thunderstorm. Obviously, this is an issue when said thunderstorm occurs while you are taking your kids to the bus loading zone. 

10. I still haven't read Fifty Shades of Grey. I have it, but I've heard so many conflicting reviews (it's great, it's awful, it's great, it's awful!) that I don't know if I want to read it. We shall see.

What's something that you should be embarrassed about but you're not?

8 comments:

  1. 50 shades of grey is definitely take it or leave it! I'm jealous of your picture of you at the wizarding world of harry potter and that you live in Jacksonville. Boo.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wizarding World is amazing! You must try and go, and when you do, drink up some butterbeer!

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on the childrens' clothing and shoes! And I have not read Fifty Shades of Grey either. And to be honest, I don't think I'm going to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it's sitting in my basket of books to read, but I'm not sure I will. It's not really calling to me.

      Delete
  3. here from the blog hop!
    excited to be your newest follower :)
    love,
    elisabeth
    ps. i'd love for you to stop by and say hi at lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I can fit into some kids shoes too and I totally take advantage of it :)
    Why not?! Cheaper and no one even knows, right?!

    Annnd I could eat sushi everyday, too!

    Happy Tuesday, girl!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this pair of black wedges from Payless; adult version was 24.95, while the kid version had a lower heel, padding and was 12.95! They've become my spring work shoes!

      Oh and yes I love sushi! Everyone teases me because I go all the time; glad you understand ;)

      Delete
  5. I wear kids clothes! Typically, it's little boys stuff though. Weird, eh? I wear a boys size 5 in shoes and a boys large in tops. There's a post on my blog about sporting a child's blazer as a 'cropped' one. lol

    ReplyDelete