Sunday, July 15, 2012

Weekend Update

The weekend's almost over. But Nilda, aren't you on summer vacation? Isn't EVERYDAY a weekend for you? Why yes, dear reader, I am on summer vacation. But all this week I am slated to go to a Common Core Math Standards training with a focus on number sense (don't leave non-teacher friends, I promise this post is interesting!). Which means that I have to wake up at 7:00 a.m. all week long. THE HORROR!

Ha, just kidding. Not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to this training. I love the people that are giving it, so it should be a good time. On to my weekend recap:

Saturday
Yesterday morning, I woke up and went to the gym. Not only did I do my strength workout without crapping out, I also ran on the treadmill for 15 minutes and did this Pinterest workout three times:









I was definitely sweating up a storm by the end of it!

Later that afternoon, I went to my friend's birthday BBQ. It was fun and I got to see a few my co-workers from my old school. Plus the food was delicious!

Today
I had ALL intentions of going to the gym this morning. But I've been really diligent about going all week and it was raining when I woke up, so I chose not to go. Don't worry; my gym bag is already packed in my car. I'm planing on going to workout right after my training.

J and I decided to meet up for some lunch. I chose to wear my favorite dress because a) this summer weather is killing! and b) I wanted to look cute.

Dress is an old Forever 21 dress and shoes are old Madden Girl.
 I love the print of this dress. I can't help but feel cute and happy when I wear it!

After lunch, J and I went shopping for new shoes for him. I'm his personal stylist, so he can't seem to buy anything fashion wise without me. :) We found some great deals at Famous Footwear:

Skechers Trojo Shoes

Croc's Modi Flip Espresso

The top pair he bought because he has a similar pair but in white. He wanted a darker pair and I really liked these gray ones. J's been wanting a pair of flip flops and he got  really excited when we found this pair of brown Crocs flip flops. I approved, because they are ten times nicer looking than his beat up blue crocs! He spent fifty bucks total, because Famous Footwear was having a Buy One Get One 1/2 sale. Being the shoe lover  that I am, I was very very jealous!

All in all, it was a great weekend. Now I'm home. I'm going to ATTEMPT to go to bed at 10:00; I'll let you guys know if I was successful or not! Hope you all had fabulous weekends.

PS. Caitlin over at A Day in the Life nominated me for a Liebster Award. I'll post her questions and my nominees tomorrow. Meanwhile, go check her out!

Oh and linkin' up for YOLO Mondays and Weekend Update!

2 comments:

  1. Obsessed with that dress! And I hate spending my precious summer doing workshops/staff developments/ trainings, blah blah blah!

    Good luck getting to bed at 10pm! I wish I had that self control and could put myself to bed that early! :( Excited to see your answers for the Liebster Award!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! You sacred me with the math mention lol!

    But won me back with the cute dress and exercise routine suggestion ;)

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete