Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Just a spoonful of sugar...

No idea why that's the title I came up with. Maybe because it's the song currently stuck in my head. I have no idea why THAT particular song is in my head. I do love Mary Poppins though.

You can tell this is going to be a random post can't you? I just felt like writing today. Stick with me!

Today was a LONG day. What made it long? My beyond boring WAY BEYOND boring workshop. I learned so much at my workshop last week. It was on the new standards for reading. I just figured that this workshop would be the same since it was about the new math standards.

I WAS WRONG. It was the most painful, boring, useless workshop ever. They didn't give us our standards and they had us work with high school standards. The only positive part of the whole day is that my old teammate and good friend Megan was there, as well as my old colleague Laura. Laura was there with a teacher from her school. She was really nice and just as bored as we were.

Only reason I am going back? I get paid if I go every day. $120 dollars a day to be exact. So even though it was bad, I'll stick it out.

On the bright side, my grandma came in to town. She lives in Puerto Rico. My mom's 60th birthday is Thursday, so my grandma came to surprise her. I wish I had a picture of my mom's face when she saw my grandma sitting on the couch.  We ended up going out to eat to celebrate her being here.


Love her! My grandpa couldn't join her because he is in the beginning stages of dementia and his doctor didn't think it'd be a good idea for him to fly. But he's here in spirit.

Oh! Paige at The Eloping Stethoscope wrote the SWEETEST things about me. Go check it out!
And, I really, REALLY want to win the Erin Condren giveaway over at About Fais! I can't bring myself to spend $50 on a planner, but I know I would use the heck of it!

See? Totally random post. Hope you all had a terrific Tuesday! Off to watch the Olympics. Please don't tell me who wins!

5 comments:

  1. You're so sweet! All of it was true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice little tribute to YOU! And so true. You are definitely a ray of sunshine in my Google Reader feed (almost) every day!

    Keep doing what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry your workshop was boring but at least you get paid. :) how sweet of your grandma to surprise your mom.

    Oh and I LOVE random posts. They are the most fun to read (and write)...

    XO Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want the EC planner soo bad as well! Hope you win the contest!

    Sorry to hear about the workshop.... :( :( I would stick it out too if I knew I was getting paid that much money!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. found you through the my beautiful, crazy life blog hop and now follow!

    ReplyDelete