Sunday, July 8, 2012

90s, 90s, 90s

I absolutely adore Jessica @ Lovely Little Things . I'm pretty sure we'd be friends in real life. She has this great feature Smell the Roses, where she challenges you to find joy in the small things.


Lovely Little Things


This week's challenge: Watch your favorite movie of all time. This was tough. I started looking through my massive movie collection when I came upon these "classic" teen movies. I decided to watch all three!




All three of these movies are movies that I can quote.
"Am I bet? Am I **** bet?"
"Is this some sort of dork outreach program?"
"Who are we making jealous? Everyone Nicole... Everyone"
"The right guy, he's out there. I'm just not gonna go kiss a whole bunch of losers to get to him."

All three have awesome 90s music. My all time favorite dance scene from a movie:




Ever notice how all these movies have amazing proms? My proms were NEVER anything like that.

All three of them take me STRAIGHT back to the end of 8th grade, the summer before 9th grade and the beginning of high school. In fact, Drive Me Crazy was the first movie I saw with just friends (meaning nobody's mom was sitting in the back away from us!) I know they're absolutely cheesy, but that's why I love them all!

What movies remind you of your childhood?

Oh and this also is my Media Monday post. I've linked up with Rachel from LaLaLists and Brittany from Yellow Umbrella. Didn''t read too many books or watch too much TV this weekend because I was too busy catching up on these favorites!

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love these movies. They remind me of when I was in middle/ high school!

    I watch these whenever I am in a sulky mood. They always bring up my spirits!

    Love it!

    Xo Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh there is nothing better then a 90's teen movie! I love them so much! She's All That is one of my all time faves!

    Thanks for linking up!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Never Been Kissed! Such a good movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog!
    Would love to follow each other! xo
    ps. looving all this 90's throwback - oh the memories! haha

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great how movies can bring back memories like that?
    Haha I remember going to the movies for the first time "alone"...haha!
    Too funny!

    Thank you so much for your sweet words about me girl...guess we'll have to settle for Internet friends, right? ;) lol.

    Thanks for linking up!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up for Media Monday! I love love love 90's movies!

    Britt
    yellowumbrelladesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of memories! My first movie i remember going to without my mom was Reality Bites! (I may be a few years older than you!) Either way great post!

    -Simone
    @busyasahoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete