Monday, July 2, 2012

Media Monday

I like this link-up with Rachel from LaLaLists and Brittany from Yellow Umbrella.

lala Lists

 Gives me a chance to to talk about what I'm watching and reading.

MUSIC
Today's been pretty rough. I haven't been feeling so hot because of some of the meds that I take (I feel like I'm going through menopause: hot flashes, headaches, the works). I decided to just chill at home and clean my bathroom. There's something relaxing about cleaning. So I turned on the 90s station on Music Station, and I must say it's been fabulous. I've heard some fun tunes such as







This takes me STRAIGHT back to all my middle school dances. In fact, I can picture all of my friends doing the dance.

MOVIES
My other habit that I do while I'm cleaning is to pop in an old movie that I love. This way it's something fun to watch but it's not distracting. My choice today?


Adore Center Stage. I did ballet when I was little for about 6 years, so anything dance related I love.

TV
J got me hooked on Men at Work on TBS. It follows this group of four guy friends and their various life issues. It stars Danny Masterson from That 70s Show. It's really funny!


Oh and the guy who plays Tyler (the guy on the right) is really cute. :)

BOOKS

Last week, I finished reading Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielson. Stephanie was in a horrible airplane crash that burned over 80% of her body. The book details her life before the accident, her recovery right after the accident, and learning to live her life again. It is such an inspirational story; definitely brought a tear to my eye while I read it. 


So those are my faves this week. Don't forget to link up. Off I go to jam out some more, because MmmBop by Hanson just came on the 90s station! Love the 90s!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I love Center stage! one of my favorite movies! Thanks so much for linking up!

    Rachel
    lalalists.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up with The Blogger Party!
    Keep spreading the word on facebook and twitter, I really appreciate!
    Thank you so much for the love & support!!
    xoxo
    Lauren
    thebloggerparty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete