Friday, July 20, 2012

Boo BN!

So, I love Barnes and Noble. I can go in just to POP in and end up staying hours. It's my favorite store by far (and I adore clothes!). I am a member, because the $25 dollars is worth it. Discounts and free shipping. Free express shipping? Score.

Well here's my rant:

I ordered an ESOL book. All of my firsties this year will be ESOL students. I want to know as much as possible. So I went to my favorite store and tried to find some books. But they were all so pricey. (Sidenote: Can I just say I find it ironic that teacher books are uber expensive? Do the publishers not realize we are not paid very well? Like I said, ironic.) I found a better alternative online.

I ordered it on Friday. It said it'd be delivered by Wednesday. I didn't get it until today. I know it's petty, but I wish I would've gotten sooner. Especially when I have two other books to read for school.

I do try to put positive spin on things so at least I got it before school starts right? Off to read it. I'd apologize for this post being boring, but I told myself that I would blog the comings and goings of my life.

Oh and here's another positive:


Looks like someone has a new toy. Weirdo cat that likes to play with cardboard. Love her. Even with the crazy eyes!

3 comments:

  1. being a teacher is very noble and honorable. it's just so difficult to go around when you're not paid very well. but kudos for your resourcefulness :)

    love,
    jen @ whyyyjen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love book stores too! I can't just pop in for a minutes. It's going to be for hours. Good luck on all your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just am stopping by from the Network Blog Hop. Following you now and look forward to visiting again soon.

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete