Monday, July 16, 2012

An Award!



Yesterday, Caitlin from A Day in The Life nominated me for the Liebster Award! The award is given to upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome! Thanks Caitlin!!






Here's How It Works:

Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
Answer the questions that the tagger set for you and create 11 questions for bloggers you've tagged.
Choose up to 11 bloggers and link them in your post.
Go to their page and tell them.
No tag backs

Caitlin's questions are so fun. Here goes:



1. What do you do to relax?

I go to the library or a Barnes and Noble. Simply browsing through all the books definitely takes my stress away.


2. What are some of your hobbies?

My hobbies are reading and cooking. See the answer above. I love taking cooking classes and finding new recipes to make. Oh! I suppose blogging's a hobby too!


3. If you were stranded on a desert island and could only take 3 things with you, what would you take?
I'd take Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, a journal and a pen. :) (And pray that there is a river with fresh water on the island!)


4. What is your greatest accomplishment thus far?

Teaching for five years. Research has shown that most new teachers "drop out" before their fifth year. Last year was ROUGH, but I survived it and cannot wait to see what my sixth year has in store.


5. What was your favorite subject in school and why?

History. I particularly loved learning about World War II.


6. How would you describe your style?

Classic with a bit of whimsy. I took a quiz once and that's what it came up. I wear classic pieces but in bright colors. I also love fun jewelery.


7. If you could have any special talent (that you don't already have), what would it be?

I would love to be able to sing well. Something about having a good singing voice is special to me.


8. If you won the lottery, what would you spend the money on?

I'd pay off all my credit card debt (not that it's major but it would help!), my student loans and car. I'd then buy a house for myself and pay off my parents' house.


9. Name three people who have influenced you the most and why.


My mother: She's one of the strongest people I know. She raised me on her own the first four years of my life. After she got married, she moved to Florida, which was far away from all of her family. She's just an absolutely amazing person.

My dad: The man I call "Dad" is technically my stepdad. But he's just Dad to me. He married my mom and has taken care of us both since that moment. He's gruff and loud and doesn't always show how he cares. But he's loyal and protective and would do anything for my family.

JP: My younger brother has taught me a lot. He's taught me that there are plenty of times in your life where you just need to go with the flow. I've always felt a need to set a good example for him. He's also taught me a lot about loyalty.


10. What got you started in blogging?

I kept a Livejournal all through out college. Now it's neat to go back and read those entries. So I figured, why not do that now? Record things that are important in my life at this moment.


11. What is your favorite holiday & why?

That's easy: CHRISTMAS! I love the feeling I get when I hear a Christmas song for the first time during the season. I love seeing the decorations go up and spending time with family. It's just the best!




Here are my nominees:
Teresa @ Blonde Curlss


Each blog is completely different from the others. I love to read them all! Here are my questions:

1.What is the best dessert you've ever had?
2. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where it would be and why?
3. Who was your favorite teacher? Why was she/he your favorite?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. What is the one thing you couldn't live without?
6. What's the longest road trip you've ever been on?
7. How would you describe your style?
8. Who are you closest to in your family?
9.  Do you have any weird talents?
10. Do you prefer, flip-flops, flats, or heels?
11. Do you prefer cats or dogs? Why?

Can't wait to read your answers!









2 comments:

  1. congrats on the award :)

    come say hi at nichollvincent.blogspot.com

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw someone get nominated for this a few days ago! The blog world is a small one. :P

    Thanks for visiting & following my blog! I'll be checking in & reading yours as well.

    ReplyDelete