Sunday, October 21, 2012

It started the same

as any other weekend. J and I went to dinner with my vice principal and her family. Btw her daughter Avery is the cutest five year old I have ever met! Went to the fall festival. Got some fro-yo. You know. Perfectly normal Friday night stuff.

Fast forward to 11 p.m. The following words come out of J's mouth: "We need to talk."

I think: We need to talk. About what?
J: Are you happy?
Me: Of course. Why? Where are you going with this?
J: ::dead silence::
Me: What's wrong? Talk to me. Are you breaking up with me???
J: I don't know how to do this. (pulls out an ivory box and opens it) Do you want to marry me? I know I'm supposed to gush about you but this is so much harder than it looks in the movies!
Me: YES!

I'm engaged. It's completely surreal. J and I drove up to Savannah and told his family. Their reactions? Priceless! Telling my friends? So much fun.

I want to gush about it more, but my tummy hurts. So I'll just leave you a picture of my pretty ring.


Boy did good. Really REALLY good!

Linking up with Sami's Shenanigans for Weekend Update!

14 comments:

  1. Yay! Still so thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! How sweet! (And I totally believe the quiet understated proposals are the best ones!)
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Gotta say I was scared about the whole "we gotta talk" thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! The ring is gorgeous!!
    How exciting for you both!

    xoxo
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! Your ring is beautiful!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a hilariously awesome way to propose. What a roller coaster of emotions in a 30 second conversation! CONGRATS! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Congrats. Wedding planning is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG COngrats!!! I am so happy for you and that ring is GORGEOUS!!!!

    XO Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!! Thats a cute story! Beautiful ring!

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! What a beautiful ring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO excited for you!! The ring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. just found your blog through the hop!
    first off congrats, and second that ring is GORGEOUS!!!

    congrats again!
    I am excited to be your newest follower and read more about this future wedding (I am planning mine as well!)

    xo Hallie
    lifeoceanside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. OBSESSSEEEEDDDD.... I am soo freaking happy for you girl! You deserve this happiness and more! Can't wait to hear all about the wedding planning process!!

    ReplyDelete