Sunday, June 24, 2012

Motivation

I joined the local gym back in May. My brother and my boyfriend keep cracking up at how dedicated I've been, because before May I had not one athletic bone in my body. I worked with a trainer a few times who really taught me how to use all the weights and machines correctly. Now I try to keep up with doing strength exercises 3 times a week and cardio 6 times a week.

But this morning when I woke up, I just wasn't feeling going to the gym. I take this awesome class called Sh'Bam on Sundays. Check out the video below:

Sh'Bam is a Les Mills class that's like Zumba but instead of dancing to Latin music, you dance to current Top 40 hits. Your burn about 500 calories doing it, and it's really the most fun workout I do! But I just wasn't motivated this morning. Then I got a text from J saying that I haven't regretted going to any of my workouts, but that I have regretted NOT going. I love him for motivating me and I realized he was absolutely right.

So off I go to Sh'Bam! Are there any motivating tips you have? What's your favorite exercise?

No comments:

Post a Comment