Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Public speaking is SO my thing...

Not really. I know, I know. I'm a teacher. I get up every morning and spend 8 hours speaking in front of 23 people. Here's the catch: those 23 people? They range in age from 6-8. They're sweet. Oh and they adore me. Cocky? Possibly, but it's true. Even when I goof up and stutter, they just smile and laugh in a not mean way. One of the many reasons I love working with firsties.

But tomorrow, I have to get up in front of the college class that comes to my school every week and talk. I have to be knowledgeable. I have to NOT speak a mile a minute (which is exactly how I talk. I'd do a video blog so you can witness it yourself, but no thanks.) I'm flattered that my standards coach thinks I'm good enough to present to them, but still I'm REALLY not looking forward to it.


someecards.com - Is it just me, or does public speaking make everyone fear they're going to shit themselves?


Yep. That describes my feelings exactly. Anybody out there understand where I'm coming from?



2 comments:

  1. Umm I do... I practically shake uncontrollably when I have to do any kind of speech or presentation. I'll be thinking of you and sending good vibes your way. I am sure you will do great!

    Xo Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not necessarily with the public speaking, but I am hopeless when it comes to explaining a task to adults. I can explain to children, but not to grown-ups. Weird, I know.

    ReplyDelete