Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Red, White and Blue

Happy Fourth of July! I'm linking up today with some awesome ladies who have organized this great link up for today:







They are Laura from Our Reflection, Kimberly from A Night Owl, Kristina from City Corporate to Suburban Mama and Courtney from Baxtron Life.

I'm Nilda and I'm pretty new at this blogging thing.  I think my favorite part about blogging is getting to know all kinds of new people, hence why I'm doing this link up. I'm from Florida and this blog is a just a peek into my life.  I'm currently on summer vacation because I am a teacher. My dear boyfriend (who I call J on this blog) is not a teacher, so I'm super excited to get to spend the Fourth with him (plus it's his favorite holiday)! If you want to know more about me, click on my about me page for my 5 important facts.

The topic for this post could be red, white and blue anything. I knew immediately I'd share what I'm wearing today. I love wearing seasonal  colors, especially on holidays. :) Tomorrow, J and I are heading to Valdosta, to spend the day at Wild Adventures.Wild Adventures is a theme park in Georgia. We've never been and we got some coupons for tickets. J and I both love roller coasters, so it seems like a great way to spend the day.

On to my outfit! I'm going to be outside all day, so it has to be super comfortable but cute. I think my planned outfit fits the bill:
Fourth of July


I own the red shirt and the white shorts. The J. Crew shoes are the closest to my Nine West pair that I bought a few months ago. (And they fit my stripes obsession! Yay!)

 Hope everyone has a fabulous and safe Fourth of July! Oh and if you're here from the link-up, let me know. I love meeting new people!

13 comments:

  1. love those shorts!

    visit nichollvincent.blogspot.com

    happy fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute fashion choices. Just stopping by to say HI! Found your blog via Red, White and You. Looking forward to reading your future post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Cool blog! I'll definitely have to check out your reviews.

      Delete
  3. Those J Crew flats are too cute!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Nine West ones look just like them. Your blog is great! Plus you wear clothes from places I shop from, so I will definitely check you out!

      Delete
  4. LOVE those shoes!!!! I am visiting from the Red. White and YOU Follow Fest and wanted to stop by and say hi! I am a new follower! Hope you will stop by http://garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ and do the same.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is such a neat idea. I've always wanted to go garage sale shopping. I will definitely follow you!

      Delete
  5. That looks like a really cute and casual 4th of July outfit! I love meeting new people too!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this outfit. It was really the perfect outfit to wear today because it was comfortable. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm definitely enjoying meeting other people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the outfit... How fitting for the 4th of July.

    I too am a teacher and have the summer off! What have you been doing with your time off?

    Blogging and meet other bloggers is the best part of having a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey lady!! I just found you via the hop and I'm your newest follower!! Also I'd love to invite you to check out a huge Shabby Apple Giveaway I'm having right now!

    hope to see you there, and thanks so much!!
    Xo, Emily

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/07/sponsored-giveaway-from-shabby-apple.html

    ReplyDelete